It was originally built by Francis Tate in 1902 of local materials as a dairy barn. In 1961, it became part of Wasatch Mountain State Park.
It fell into disrepair and collapsed during a heavy snowstorm in 1997. It was rebuilt and served as the entrance to Soldier's Hollow during the Games.
Nearby was an exhibit of pioneer homes and how they progressed from little more than a lean-to to a cabin.
The "car" was out back, but there was no garage.