Saturday, February 18, 2012

Thoughts on Valentines

What a love-ly week it has been.

My kindergartners have shown me their love in so many sweet ways from chocolates and tulips to hand-drawn pictures of Angry Birds! (For the uninitiated, Angry Birds is a video game that has taken the world by storm. You can buy all kinds of Angry Birds products.) 


This sharing of themselves is a special part of kindergarten.  Love notes to a teacher can be a real boost on a trying day. When a child makes me something and gives it to me at school, I tape it to the display window in the classroom. By this time of year, I am  having to replace things that a child has made with their newest gift. You see, I get valentines all year.

Unfortunately, they have also shared their colds with me. All week, I have been saying, "Turn your head when you cough." "Cough into your elbow." "Do NOT cough in my face like that." Well.....some lessons are yet to be learned. Good thing I love them, too. Runny noses and all.

No comments: