Saturday, September 17, 2011

The German Test-driver

B and I had noticed the odd-looking car in the parking lot at the summit of Mt. Evans. B recognized that it was covered in plates to disguise it. When we stopped at a scenic overlook, the driver pulled in also. I asked him about his car. He said he and the car had flown from Germany for a test-drive through various conditions in the United States to record how the newest model was responding. He said it is an AMG-SL by Mercedes. This part of the test was for high altitudes.



We think we saw at least one other identical car on the mountain road. They did not get any racing competition from us!

I checked the website: it will sell for $190,000. I can think of a lot of things I would do with $190,000 before I would buy a car.

No comments: