Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Thorn in My Side---Rather, My Backside!

When school let out for the summer, I went south to see my dad and brother. We went for a ride through their citrus groves. Each tire collected thorns as we went. All of the tan material you see on this tire is thorns.



I also managed to get one stuck on the back of my pants ---and then sat on it in the truck.  I sure didn't sit for long! These are not the sandspurs I grew up with. I am not sure what they are,  but I know they pack a powerful, poky punch.

2 comments:

Mikey said...

Those drive me nuts. And they hurt! Grandma has them at her house, but we don't have them here. They're just awful things, I don't know what they're called either? Goats heads?

S N B said...

I am pretty sure they weren't around in central Florida when I was a kid.
Goats heads? Well, that will work for me. It butted my butt, for sure!