Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Vet’s Day

flag2

As the wife of a Vietnam veteran and the daughter of a World War II veteran, I want to take this time to say thank you to all American vet’s and their families for the sacrifices they have made and continue to make on behalf of the people of our country. Indeed, people around the world have benefited from the service of American vets. God bless you!

__________________________________________________________

Yesterday on the school news, a child serving as the anchorman, announced that there would be no school today in observance of “Veterinarian's Day.” We were all implored to honor our veterinarians. (Close.)

__________________________________________________________

I told my kindergartners the story of the Pilgrims in preparation for Thanksgiving. When I was finished, one asked, “Is that a true story?” I answered that it was. Another asked, “How do you know?” I said, “My teacher told me and I can read about it in books and on-line.” 

I should have seen the next question coming: “Was your teacher on the Mayflower?”

mayflower

I could hear the electricians working in my room trying to stifle their laughter.

No comments: