Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Birthday Girl

I have a friend whose birthday is April 1st. She is the April Fool. My birthday is May 1st and so I call myself the May Fool. I was born on a Saturday and, this year, my birthday was on a Saturday.

Under the direction of my room parent, I was treated to a special day on Friday to observe my birthday. She brought in my breakfast from Atlanta Bread Company. That yogurt parfait was a hit---and I am not usually much of a yogurt person.

102_1166

She had bought and installed a new border around our little school garden outside our classroom.  She put up a little birthday flag and hung a pot of impatiens. It really transformed the garden.

102_1249

Later there was a party just before the kids went home.

Have you ever seen such a fancy cupcake?

This is one of those from Costco that is HUGE ---and tasty. I had never seen a gummy butterfly; it actually tasted pretty good, too.

102_1167

Surprises continued as our sons and daughter-in-law came in Saturday. They came with:

Awesome wellingtons,

102_1175

(I will be “stylin” at car pick-up on those rainy mornings!)

Flowers,

102_1207

And a headlamp---now, we all have them.

102_1176

B had gotten me a beautiful native azalea, as well as some other nice gifts:

102_1209

(Love that little golden streak!)

What wonderful treats! What wonderful people! The birthday girl is blessed, indeed.

4 comments:

Island Rider said...

Happy Late Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Love the boots.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Unknown said...

I wish we lived closer, SNB could have some of our place to garden on.

I grow great weeds.