Saturday, January 2, 2010

Kid-Art Ceramics

Our public elementary school where I teach has a strong commitment to art.  While many of us have art experiences built into our regular classroom curriculum, we are also blessed with two fantastic art teachers.

Just before we let out for our winter break, there was an exhibit in the media center of ceramic pieces done by third through fifth grade students in their art classes. I took a few shots of some of my favorites.

100_9635

100_9636

I liked the background drawn to go with the ceramic fish.

100_9643

The pieces above were glazed. These ceramic tiles are painted with acrylics in colors that really pop.  Some of the students wrote poems to go with their pieces.

100_9644

100_9642100_9640 

100_9641

Well done, guys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Indeed!!!!
I remember my high school ceramics class... Wish my work had been as well done as these little kids. Congrats to them and to their teacher!