Sunday, September 5, 2010

Seeing Red

It is not all that uncommon for birds to get in the squirrel/rat trap; they are released as soon as we find them (a matter or minutes or hours).

In two days recently, B caught four cardinals. What is remarkable about this is that each time, there were two cardinals caught in the cage!

100_2475

It is even possible that it was the same pair each time. We have a LOT of cardinals and I am thinking the gene pool may not be quite large enough!

I told him if he caught two more the next day, he had to go buy a lottery ticket!

1 comment:

mamabug said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! I've really enjoyed reading yours. I live in Wewahitchka in Gulf County. Nice to find someone else in my neck of the woods that enjoys nature too; especially bugs.
You might check out this website for IDing insects www.bugguide.net.
Hope you'll visit again soon!