Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Is Baseball Still the American Pastime?

At our elementary school, as the hundreds of cars drive through to drop off the kids, adults are there to open the car doors and lead the students onto the sidewalk. I do this twice a week and it is an enjoyable part of my day because I get to see kids I have taught in the past and others I learned to know through the years. So out of our approximately 700 students, I can give names for about a third of them.

And so this was what I was doing when I saw a first grader who was my student last year. I noticed he was wearing a NY Yankees jersey. I asked, “Are you a Yankees fan?” He said, “Yep!” I asked, “Did you get to watch the game last night?” He answered, “You know, I don’t really like to watch football.”

Well, there you go.

1 comment:

R.Powers said...

LOL!
Too much standing around doing nothing in baseball for my taste.