Friday, December 19, 2008

Wish List

I recently attended a faculty meeting where participants were asked to write their responses to "All I Want For Christmas." Answers varied from winning the lottery to a safe delivery of a new baby to their own children getting along during the two week break. Aside from "whirled peas" (world peace) I was unable to come up with something to put down, so I didn't. But it got me thinking of some things I would like and the result is here, with this disclaimer: My mother is a poet, I merely write rhymes.

           Wish List

Tent with no leak

Bed with no squeak.

Attic with no mouse.

Order in our house.

Tub with no stain.

Back with no pain.

My umbrella, unbroken.

Ugly words, unspoken.

1 comment:

  said...

School Teacher on the North Slope:

Buggy Side of the Dog

Enjoy!