Saturday, October 18, 2008

Midlife Crisis

We went to a garage sale this morning and I came away having bought a kayak.

It was B who saw it first, hanging on the wall in the garage: a 12 foot, dark green Old Town.

Now, five dollars is generally my limit for garage sale expenses, so this was an extravagant purchase.

I know several women who enjoy kayaking. There was a time when I thought I might be more comfortable in a kayak than in a canoe and actually talked about getting one. Somehow that managed to take a back burner to other activities and expenses.

So today, when we spotted a bargain, we called our kayak consultants: our sons. They quickly agreed we should get it. And so we did.

It looks really pretty in turquoise in the picture below. However,it is actually dark green.

 

100_4708crop

I'm calling it my midlife crisis so the sticker that names it a "Loon" seems rather appropriate.

No comments: