Saturday, December 18, 2010

On the Right Track

Tracks ran along parallel,  quite close but in opposite directions on the wet sandy road. Big Deer. Big turkey. I wonder if the animals met, or just their tracks.

100_3106

100_3107

 

The following day, we were making a run to town. B saw me looking out the window and asked me what I was looking at and I said that I always expect to see turkeys along the edge of that field where the forest begins. It just seems to be a likely spot. There was nothing in the way of large birds to be seen and we continued on our way.

We were less than a half mile down Old St. Augustine Road, when we stopped to watch a  pair of large turkeys feeding beside the pavement. It was the closest I have been to wild turkeys. They were really big birds and were in no hurry to run off. It must have been a good feeding place to be so hesitant to leave it.

No comments: